If you’re ordering place settings for your wedding, you may have heard of charger plates.
What is a charger plate, anyway, and why do you need them for your wedding? Simply put, a charger plate is a large, decorative plate that serves as a base for your other dinnerware.
Here’s our handy guide for how to use charger plates:
- Use charger plates to unify your theme and create an elegant look at your event. Select chargers that complement your overall décor, including other plates and flatware, tablecloths, curtains and floral arrangements. Also consider your event’s location and level of formality.
- Space charger plates out so your guests have enough elbow room. Adjust the edge of each charger so it is an inch away from the edge of the dinner table.
- Place the dinner plate on top of the charger, with the salad plate on top of the dinner plate. Chargers are not typically used for dessert plates.
- Chargers are an economical way to give your event a special touch without going over your budget!
- A word of caution: chargers are sometimes made from materials that are not meant to come into contact with food. Avoid eating food directly off a charger plate.
Do you need charger plates for your upcoming Michigan wedding? Check out Affairs to Remember. We stock a stylish assortment of glass and lacquer charger plates in a variety of colors, starting at just $2 a plate. Check out our selection online and contact us today!